NVMA Centennial Scholarship Foundation & Dr. O.H. and Ruth Person Scholarship
The Nebraska Veterinary Medical Association is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships to Nebraska veterinary students. There are scholarships available from two separate funds: the Dr. O.H. and Ruth Person Scholarship Fund and the NVMA Centennial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. We invite you to make application for these scholarships.
Dr. Person was a former State Veterinarian, State Senator, and longtime veterinarian in the Wahoo, Nebraska area. The NVMA Centennial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. was established following the Association's Centennial Year in 1996.
The Dr. O.H. and Ruth Person Scholarships will be based on available funds and the decision of the Committee. Any sophomore, junior or senior student may apply.
Deadline for application is October 15th
SCHOLARSHIPS FROM THE NVMA CENTENNIAL SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION AND THE DR. O.H. AND RUTH PERSON FUND, ARE TO BE AWARDED TO STUDENTS FROM NEBRASKA PURSUING A DEGREE IN VETERINARY MEDICINE ON A FULL TIME BASIS AT AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION.
ELIGIBILITY: ANY APPLICANT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have completed two semesters of veterinary education and pursuing completion of the professional program.
- Graduate of a Nebraska High School or State of Nebraska approved Home School Program.
- There are no restrictions or special favorable consideration as to race, marital status, sex, religious affiliation, physical limitations or otherwise.
- Completed written application form.
- Three completed recommendation forms, from the following, must accompany the completed application:
- A non-related Nebraska Veterinarian for whom the applicant has worked.
- A non-related Faculty member or advisor at the Veterinary school the applicant is attending.
- A non-related personal reference.
- A written statement from the Dean of the veterinary school the applicant I attending, indicating the student's satisfactory academic standing, should accompany the completed application.
- Such additional information that the applicant desires to submit to the NVMA Student Scholarship Committee to bring to their attention any unusual circumstances or burdens faced by the applicant. Such information shall be in narrative form, directed to the Committee, and not more than one typewritten 8 ½ X 11 page, detailing the facts or circumstances to be considered.
- Completed applications and supporting documents must be sent by U.S. mail and postmarked no later than October 1st of each year.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
- Selection to be made by the NVMA Student Scholarship Committee with consideration given to financial need, academics, and extra-curricular activities.
- Scholarship winners to be selected by the Scholarship Committee.
- Notification of winners will be sent out in November.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS:
- Normally all scholarship grants to be given once a year.
- Each scholarship grant will be a minimum of $250.00.
- Scholarship grants will be based on available funds and the decision of the Committee.
- Scholarship money to be made payable to the University and student and sent directly to the University for distribution.
- Scholarship money is to be sent out in November.
Search hundreds of nationwide veterinarian and veterinary career job listings, career development services, and more than a thousand active resumes!