The NVMA Centennial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. invites you to make application for their Pre-Veterinary Scholarships.
Listed below are the requirements for eligibility, selection and allocation of funds. Deadline for application is March 15, of the application year.
The application form along with the recommendation form is located at the bottom of the page as a link to a PDF file. Your application, completed forms, and all requested documents must be returned via U.S. mail to our office addressed as follows:
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE OF THE NEBRASKA VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
PO BOX 637
HASTINGS, NE 68902
Please have the three recommendation forms included with your application in sealed envelopes with the signature of the individual completing the form across the flap.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact our office at (402) 463-4704.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY, SELECTION, ALLOCATION OF FUNDS
- Any applicant for the Pre-Veterinary Scholarships must meet the following qualifications:
- Students having completed 3 semesters of pre-veterinary education and pursuing completion of the pre-professional program.
- Graduate of a Nebraska High School or State of Nebraska approved Home School Program.
- The applying student must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
- Completed written application form.
- Three recommendation forms:
- From a non-related faculty member or academic advisor.
- From a veterinarian for which applicant has worked.
- From a non-related personal reference.
- Copy of thier official transcript showing GPA
- All applications must be received by March 15th of each year.
- Selection to be made by the Scholarship Committee with consideration given to financial need, academics, and extra-curricular activities.
- Notification of scholarship winner(s) will be in April.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS:
- Normally all scholarship grants to be given once a year.
- Each scholarship grant will be a minimum of $500.00.
- Scholarship grants will be based on available funds and the decision of the Committee.
- Checks will be made out to the Student and College attending.
Search hundreds of nationwide veterinarian and veterinary career job listings, career development services, and more than a thousand active resumes!