Call for Proposals
The Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for faculty and students to share their work and ideas during the 2018 AAVMC Annual Conference, February 28–March 4, 2018 in Washington, D.C. Proposals for educational sessions and posters should be submitted no later than August 15, 2017.
The theme of the 2018 conference is New Horizons in Veterinary Medical Education: Addressing Opportunities with Innovative Approaches.
Proposals will be considered in, but not limited to, the following categories.
- Political landscape: Trends in higher education, student debt
- Reframing education: Curriculum revision, EPAs and Competencies, new trends in content, mental health, financial literacy
- Technology: Simulations, online courses/MOOCS, big data
- Research: Adapting to a changing funding environment
- Change management/Leadership: Leading institutions and faculty toward the future
The following attributes are encouraged for educational sessions:
- Data-based presentations that address research and survey trends
- Proposals from collaborative, multi-institutional teams
- Incorporation of inter-professional perspectives
- Presentations that feature interactive learning and/or small group discussion
- Proposals with an international or global focus
Proposals are due August 15, 2017, and should be submitted using the following website:
Before logging in to complete your proposal, please be prepared with the following information:
- Proposal type: session (workshop, panel, or other), individual presentation, poster
- Proposal title
- Proposal category
- Primary contact name
- Primary contact email address
- Primary contact phone
- Author list (please include name, email, degrees/certifications, title, and institution)
- Speaker list (please include name, email, degrees/certifications, title, institution, and short bio of 250 words or less)
- Brief description of topic, message, and intended outcome (300 word maximum)
- 2-3 sentence description to publicize your presentation in the conference program and app (for sessions and presentations only)
- Preferred length (for sessions and presentations only) (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours)
For session proposals only:
- Session format (workshop, panel, other)
- Draft agenda (1 page maximum)
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Zoeller, Program Manager at email@example.com.